Applying the Six Thinking Hats Framework To B2B Content Syndication
B2B content syndication, when effectively executed, can be a powerful lead-generation strategy for businesses. By applying the Six Thinking Hats framework, we can explore different aspects and perspectives of B2B content syndication to understand its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and potential improvements.
White Hat (Factual Information):
- B2B content syndication involves distributing valuable content (such as whitepapers, case studies, and webinars) to a targeted audience through various channels.
- It can generate leads by attracting prospects interested in your content, who then provide their contact information for access to the material.
- Metrics such as click-through rates, conversion rates, and the number of conversions to pipeline can be measured to assess the strategy's effectiveness.
Red Hat (Emotions and Intuition):
- Emotionally, B2B content syndication can evoke interest, curiosity, and trust from your target audience by delivering relevant and insightful content.
- Intuitively, some businesses may feel hesitant about content syndication due to concerns about the quality of leads, cost, and ROI.
Black Hat (Critical and Cautionary Thinking):
- Critical thinking prompts us to evaluate potential risks and challenges associated with B2B content syndication, such as high costs, low-quality leads, or potential damage to brand reputation if a prospect is disappointed in the content.
- Cautionary thinking encourages businesses to thoroughly vet content syndication partners to ensure they align with the company's values and goals and are reputable in their industry.
Yellow Hat (Positive Thinking):
- B2B content syndication has several positive aspects, including reaching a broader segment of your target audience, increasing brand awareness, improving SEO, and establishing thought leadership in the industry.
- It enables businesses to tap into networks of existing high value publications and influencers, leveraging the syndication partner's reach and expertise for lead generation and brand awareness.
Green Hat (Creative and Innovative Thinking):
- Innovative thinking prompts businesses to explore new and creative ways to stand out in a competitive content syndication landscape.
- This could include interactive content formats, insightful or entertaining videos, personalized experiences, or collaborating with industry influencers for co-branded content such as podcasts and webinars.
- Creativity can be applied to optimize lead capture landing pages, making them user-friendly and engaging for potential buyers.
Blue Hat (Big Picture and Process Management):
- Blue hat thinking guides the overall management and strategy of B2B content syndication.
- It involves setting clear objectives, defining target audiences, and measuring performance against key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Businesses should consider how content syndication fits into their broader lead generation and marketing efforts, ensuring it aligns with their overall business goals and marketing strategy.
Businesses can gain a comprehensive understanding of this lead generation strategy by analyzing B2B content syndication using the Six Thinking Hats framework. It involves evaluating factual information, exploring emotional responses and intuition, addressing critical concerns, embracing positive aspects, fostering creativity and innovation, and managing the big picture and process.
By employing these diverse perspectives, businesses can refine their B2B content syndication efforts, optimize lead generation, and achieve better results in the competitive B2B landscape.
TechGrowth is the leading full-service vendor of B2B content syndication programs for lead generation and brand awareness. We have partnered with over 150 leading business publications and influencers so you get immediate access to their audience to generate hundres or even thousands of original, high quality leads in weeks not months.